Players will only be eligible for selection in the Regions that they reside.
Players All players who are selected in your training squad will need full ETA membership. It will be the responsibility of the Regional Lead and Regional Manager to ensure that all players have purchased this membership
Coaches All coaches and managers who are chosen to lead your region must also be an England Touch member
Link to ETA Membership: http://www.englandtouch.org.uk/buy-membership/
Opens Must be over 16 on the day of the tournament, with no maximum age.
Seniors Men: Over 30 as of 1st January 2018, with no maximum age.
18s The age criteria date will be 31/12/2018 meaning participants must not have turned 18 until 01/01/2019. The lower age is set at 16, meaning that a participant must already be 16 at 31/12/2018. Anyone younger than 16 and participating in the 18 division must be cleared to play via an exemption.
15s The age criteria date will be 31/12/2018 meaning participants must have not turned 15 until 01/01/2019. The lower age is set at 13, meaning that a participant must already be 13 at 31/12/2018. Anyone younger than 13 and participating in the 15 division must be cleared to play via further documentation.
Player eligibility for international sporting competition can be a complex and often emotive issue. The defining elements are at the very heart of global competition and key issues involved in ascertaining eligibility include aspects of nationality, passport, residency, ancestry, place of birth, playing history, the respective country’s selection process and even a player’s gender and age.
Please note that in order to be selected to the regional/national training squad (and subsequent national teams); a player must satisfy the following criteria:
- Play at an England Touch affiliated venue/league or registered (and regularly play) with an affiliated England Touch club.
- Not play in any unaffiliated competitions and/or leagues.
- Meet FIT eligibility criteria. Detailed in this policy.
- Be a financial member of the England Touch through affiliation with a League/club association*
- Attend all national training sessions pre-and post-final national team selections -Please note there will be a strong expectation of attendance, and we will address each players case individually.
- Sign and agree to terms of the national squad player agreement at the first opportunity.
- Have a zero financial balance with the ETA or have previously agreed an arrangement for their outstanding balance.
* Players not resident in England should contact the HP Director for advice on fulfilling this criterion.
Along with one of the following:
- English Born
- Hold a UK passport
- Ancestry visa, having been resident for at least the last two years
- A UK resident for the past three years
Each regional team will have the following restrictions in the amount of ineligible representatives in their teams:
Opens Regional Team Allowed ZERO ineligible players
Masters Regional Team Allowed ZERO ineligible players
Mixed Regional Team Allowed ZERO ineligible players
18s Regional Team Allowed ZERO ineligible players. An exemption may be sought if a player will be eligible for selection into an Open Team once out of the Junior categories
15s Regional Team Allowed ZERO ineligible players. An exemption may be sought if a player will be eligible for selection into an Open Team once out of the Junior Categories
Exemptions for National Team Selection
The pathway for National Team Selection is to participate at the Touch Nationals. However, if someone is unable to attend the Touch Nationals they can apply for an exemption. An exemption will only be considered and granted under significant circumstances, and the ETA may require further evidence to support your exemption. If you have any questions regarding this please email Thomas.Devereux@englandtouch.org.uk. The online exemption form is available from regional leads and coaches